I finally completed the Autobot and Decepticon pieces. As I said in my last post, the Autobot pattern was not ideal. After the foiling and soldering, the Autobot looks very similair to the original piece from a distance but the smoothness of the soldering has much improved. I’m glad I did this exercise but I think the next time I make an Autobot I will tweak the pattern a little bit to make it suck less.
The Decepticon on the other hand was a great pattern. I was concerned I was going to have the same reaction to this pattern as I did the Autobot but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it came together. Also, the soldering looks amazing and I am super proud of this piece. I am going to be sad to see it go but I know whoever buys this will display it in a place of honor.
Here are the completed pieces ready for Geek Girl Con in October.