I was able to remove the broken glass from my Nintendo Controller piece and I thought I was going to be able to get it repaired to look just like new. This is where I made a huge error. Rather than cutting out a new pattern piece based on the new hole I just put the glass up to the hole and traced the outline.
GIGANTIC mistake! As you can see from the “before and after” shots; my new piece of glass is too short for the hole and that was the last of the glass I have in that length. My only option now would be to make two pieces with a seam in the middle or just scrap the whole thing. Also, I don’t know if the small stock I have left of this type of glass is oriented the correct way. Meaning that the glass texture is compatible with the rest of the glass in the piece (left to right vs up and down)
Oh well, lesson learned. Onto the next piece.